So I just wanted to let last week's post sink in a bit. 4-0. That's right. Picked all the games right. Two upsets with the Pack over Dallas and the Steelers over the Chiefs. Na, it was nothing really. Just trusting my gut and showing how good I can be when there are no Bay Area teams involved because I have a huge bias towards favoring them over others. Also was waiting to see Jordy Nelson's status for the Championship game but it is Friday and thus, we're kind of running out of time.
Check back in next week for my Super Bowl pick, but for now here are my Championship week picks:
GB @ ATL: I like the Falcons a lot, especially on Offense, and Matt Ryan could easily win MVP but Aaron is just too hot right now to bet against, so I think it will be something like this:
With the Packer D making a huge stop on the Falcons last drive, with a 4th down pass falling just out of the reach of Julio Jones's hands. (If that happens I want extra bonus points or at least some sort of acknowledgement.)
Over in the AFC I think it's a little more straight forward. The Patriots are coming off a so-so performance against Houston last week and we all know how Brady and Belichick love to respond to games like that. I'm going chalk here but I think it's a smart pick.
PIT @ NE: NE 31
So that's gonna do it for this week's picks. Hope you enjoy the Football this week. The NFC game, at least, should be a classic. Later, Peeps.
To Recap: We learned a few things this week:
1. My Bay Area Sports Bias. I did pick the Oakland Raiders over the Houston Texans. This bias is really bad when it comes to the Warriors, just wait and see, but be warned, they are my team and it's almost impossible for me to separate my head and my heart on that one. Thankfully the NBA playoffs don't start til the end of April so we have a ways to go before dealinng with that.
2. Also Aaron Rodgers is becoming the Steph Curry of Hail Mary's. Somebody needs to tell him why they are called "Hail Mary's" in the first place.
Alright, ready for some picks? Let's do it.
Hou @ NE: NE: 41
PIT @ KC: PIT 38
SEA @ ATL: ATL 38
SEA 35 (OT)
GB @ DAL: GB: 34
Let me know what you guys think? Always happy to hear.
How far do you think the Dallas Cowboys will go in this year's playoffs?
1. Lose in the Divisional Round to GB.
2. Win vs. GB but lose in the the NFC Championship vs. Sea. or Atl.
3. Win the NFC Championship but lose in the Super Bowl to the AFC team.
4. Win it all.
Comment below, feel free to use the numbers as a quick way to post a response.
I am a Die Hard Bay Area Sports Fan. My intension for this site